Cheesy Breakfast Eggrolls are so delicious and easy to make. Stuff them with your favorite breakfast foods, roll, fry or bake and enjoy!
Breakfast Egg Rolls
Servings: 4 to 5
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 8 to 10 egg roll wrappers, store bought
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado,peeled and cut into 8 to 10 thick slices
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup thawed or blanched spinach
- Handful of your favorite cheese, shredded
- Sriracha or other hot sauce of choice
- Neutral oil for frying
- Butter optional
- Add a knob of butter or plug of oil to a non-stick skilled on low heat. Add the eggs, mix them vigorously with a spatula. Cook eggs to preference.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on the work surface. Dip your fingers in water. Run fingers around edges of wrapper.
- Fill the wrapper with a bit of eggs, spinach, cheese, cream cheese, avocado, hot sauce and a bit of salt.
- Tightly roll the wrapper just like you would for a burrito. Fold the edges and roll to seal. Use more water, as a glue, to seal the roll. Repeat until you’re out of ingredients to stuff the roll with.
- To bake, heat the oven at 400 F or 205 C. Brush the rolls with a but of oil. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To fry, heat an oil bath in a small pot over medium heat. Test the temperature by adding a roll in oil; if it sizzles, it should be ready, if it doesn’t, heat it for longer.
- Fry each roll, for 3 or 4 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Rest on a cooling rack.
- Serve right away.