- 1 whole chicken breast (about 650 grams or 1.5 pounds)
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- all purpose flour, bread flour, anything works
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 eggs
- start with 3, then add a 4th one if necessary
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups of neutral oil for frying
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- any other additional spices (optional)
Cut the chicken breast down the middle, dividing it into two equal parts.
- 250 g dates (about 30 dates)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cardamom pods (optional)
- 3 tbs oats (2 tbs oat flour)
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g chocolate of choice
- 1 tsp cold pressed coconut oil
- more salt for sprinkling on top
- Grind the oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon and cardamom seeds into a fine powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the tahini
- Keep mixing until the texture starts to feel and look like wet sand.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil using a bain-marie.
- Drizzle less than a teaspoon of melted chocolate on each date.
Such a great snack! So easy to make, so versatile – you can switch the tahini with peanut butter, almond butter, play around with the kind of chocolate you’re drizzling on top, maybe use graham cracker crumbs instead of oats – the world is your oyster, and so is this recipe, my friend! Have it before your workout, throw it into your child’s lunch box, or just enjoy it as it is.