An easy, quick and absolutely delicious tomato soup recipe, perfect for the cold winter days. You can serve this for lunch or dinner, with a buttered toast or a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 500-700 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic (, cut into 2)
- 1 yellow onion (, roughly chopped)
- 1 red chile (, optional)
- olive oil
- fresh thyme and basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup vegetable stock (, depending on the consistency you want)
- Preheat the oven at 250°C or 480°F.
- Drizzle some oil onto a baking pan, add in the yellow onion, head of garlic (cut side down), fresh basil and thyme, red chile, cherry tomatoes, more olive oil on top, a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake everything until the tomatoes are slightly charred for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and all the baked ingredients, besides the thyme, in a blender and blend everything until smooth, for 3-5 minutes. Serve with a piece of toast or a grilled cheese sandwich.