Now that the tomato season is here, it’s time to enjoy them at their fullest! With just a few basic ingredients we can enhance the flavor of these summer gems and take heirloom tomatoes to the next level.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 5 large heirloom tomatoes (about 1 kg or 2 pounds)
- the juice of half of a lemon
- the zest of one lemon
- two cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup)
- a handful of basil leaves
- 3-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, slice them and arrange them onto a platter.
- Mince the garlic cloves and sprinkle them on top of the tomatoes.
- Zest one whole lemon and juice half of it right on top of the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the honey or maple syrup on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lots of salt and freshly cracked black pepper on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle all the basil and rosemary leaves on the platter.
- Drizzle a hefty amount of olive oil right on top of the tomatoes and serve!