If you’re on the fence about making homemade jam, it’s definitely worth it. Homemade jam tends to be so much more complex in flavor and texture than the store-bought stuff, you can control the level of sweetness, tartness, spice and so much more. Not to mention, they’re so much cheaper to make at home.
Today’s recipe is a silky jam blend between tart strawberries with a hint of rich and floral rose. I love serving this recipe with freshly baked bread.
Strawberry Rose Jam
Servings: ~2 cups
Total: 1hr 15min
- 600 g (4 cups) strawberries
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons rose water, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 medium lemon
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the strawberries, sugar, rose water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low-heat for 40 minutes to 1 hour until thickened, mixing occasionally. Remove off the heat and serve.
- Store the jam up to 10 to 14 days in the fridge, or a few months in the freezer. Can the jam if are looking to store it for longer.